Monday, February 16, 2015

Horses and Healing

I have been intrigued by the idea of equine therapy for some time.  It is fairly well established that equine therapy has benefits for youngsters with Autism and physical disabilities.  In recent years I have seen applications for students with emotional/behavioral disorders, giving assistance with mood regulation and more.

This week I was introduced to the idea of healing the wounds of war through equine therapy.  One of the comments in the video is that we as a nation have a responsibility to help our soldiers returning from war to heal.  This is so simple and yet so profound.  It goes beyond posting flags on our social media and giving verbal support to veterans.  We really do have a responsibility to be a part of the healing process, and some are doing this is very creative ways.  Equine therapy for healing the wounds of war really is something that is cool in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment