Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Amazing Dog!

This story is quite heart warming and will amaze!  Do you have a pet?  In your life time, have you had a pet that you bonded with?  Perhaps you bonded in a way that you can't really even put words to.

I have a list myself, starting with Charlie.  He was missing once and we searched every inch of our farm and drove up and down the roads calling for him.  For some reason I found him, and as a young child of 5 or 6, I was convinced that I was meant to find him.  He had been shot and we thought he might die.  He was in dire shape to be sure.

Charlie was actually my brother's dog, but after that time, he just sort of seemed like my dog.  We had a bond.  When I was sick he would not leave my side.  When I got off the bus he was there waiting for me.  When anyone pulled int eh driveway he was the first dog on guard and although small, he struck fear into anyone who wasn't supposed to be there.  It beings a tear to my remembering how crazy excited he got at the first snow, running his nose under the snow and then sneezing and smiling.  I loved that dog dearly.

Charlie got old and deaf and blind.  One day, my sister picked me up from school and had to tell me the terrible news.  That day is seared into my memory.  Today though, I wonder what would have happened if I had gone first.


No comments:

Post a Comment