Saturday, January 4, 2014

Finding our Gifts

It is so often true that those who have some great limitation are also the ones who have some amazing gift that counters the limitation.

I have often felt a lack of accomplishment because I really am not great at anything.  I am pretty good at a lot of things, but never developed greatness in an singular talent or skill.  At times, feeling of inadequacy have crept in because of this lacking.  The things I am great at cannot be publicly witnessed or quantitatively measured and have no monetary value.  Mentoring is something I excel in and those I have mentored would tell you so, but what is the measure?  My family would most likely say that I am very supportive and give beyond what is reasonable to see those that I love grow and develop into the best people they can possibly be.  Again very qualitative.

I could go on, but then the truth is that my talent or lack there of really does not matter.  What really matters is when someone has the opportunity to shine and change the world for a moment in time.  There is a richness to those experiences when the individual has overcome great challenges and still has an amazing gift to give.  The young lady featured in today's video does all those things!  She has brought something wonderful to the world and made it a better place, despite the personal challenges she faces.  What a gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment