If you are a regular reader, you know that I have been in a dark place. The light is starting to shine. I was talking to a friend a week or so ago and she said that I had lost my sense of self. I wanted to just cry right then and there, because she had hit at the core of my problem. Stress, pressure, hardships, difficulty at work, the trials of parenting, trying to maintain a marriage through grad school, a job that takes way more than 40 hours a week to do well and is often thankless, all put me on shaky ground.
A brief comment from a friend, making a matter of fact statement, got me thinking and asking the right questions. I had lost my sense of who I am, my centering point, my purpose and I had no idea how that happened or how to even begin digging for my magnetic north.
All I know for sure is that I let people run in like thieves and steal away the best of my spirit. I began to live in fear rather than in confidence that who I am, is who I am supposed to be. What I have to offer may not be for everyone, but being me is right for the job I have to do on this planet.
We don't know the number of our days, what we will get to accomplish, or who our lives will touch. What we do know, is that every day is a gift and we need to live it to the fullest. Granted, every day will not be perfect, but every day will be a part of the grand mosaic that will bring us to perfection.
The video today touches me in so many ways and inspires me beyond words. There are many things in this story that strike very close to home. Every time I watch it tears stream down my face. Tears of joy and sorrow flow down my cheeks, intertwined. The tears are wiped away by hope and inspiration. The traces of all, grace my face and my smile is deepened with the wisdom that life brings all sorts of experiences and each is a memory that creates the saga of life and death.
No comments:
Post a Comment