I am an educator and have been committed to education for all of the years as a parent. It always has been important for me to make sure my children have the best education attainable. Well, imagine my chagrin when neither of the older two wanted to pursue college. The lives they live are not grand and they do not bring any glory to me by their worldly accomplishments.
I am certainly not trying to live vicariously through my children. Worry does creep in at times and I want to ensure their stability. So when I was saying to my son one day that he should consider something different with his career he corrected me promptly. He told me that what he does makes him happy and that he really didn't want me pushing him to make career moves that would make him unhappy. He was essentially telling me what the video says so eloquently.
People need to eat. My son enjoys making a good meal for someone to enjoy. He's not getting rich, but enjoys going to work. Children need to be cared for by intelligent and loving individuals. My daughter is not getting rich as a nanny. She enjoys changing someone's world a little each day. I cannot fault these two for doing what make them happy and not just following the path for the sake of following the path. We will see what the younger two choose to do in their careers. I hope that we can all find happiness, joy and fulfillment in the things we occupy our time with day to day and year to year.
No comments:
Post a Comment